A recipe from Gina Allen Gina Allen Catering
This cold tomato soup is delicious for lunch or before a main meal and uses ripe tomatoes which are grown at Borenore and are full of flavour!
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 long cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 75g sourdough, crusts off
- 300mls cold water
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2t salt
- freshly ground black pepper
In a food process pulse tomatoes, cucumber, garlic and bread (but not too much you want a course texture. Transfer to a large bowl and add water, salt pepper and vinegar. Refrigerate for 1 hour or best in the fridge overnight. Before serving, stir in the olive oil. You may need to adjust seasoning and add extra water it too thick.