A recipe from Josie Chapman from the Old Convent
- 10 medium to large ‘flats’ mushrooms
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 French shallots (eschallots), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon or chives
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup goat’s curd
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan (grana padano)
Preheat oven to 200C. Remove stalks from mushrooms and chop stalks finely.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan and cook chopped mushroom stalks, shallots and garlic until soft and slightly caramelised, adding a little more oil if necessary.
Remove from heat, stir in remaining ingredients and season to taste.
Place mushrooms on an oven tray, spoon mixture onto mushrooms and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.