A recipe from Michael Manners from Manners & Borg
You will need a sugar thermometer for this recipe. Liquid glucose and rice paper available from Essential Ingredient.
- 4 sheets rice paper
- 440g caster sugar
- 125ml honey
- 250g liquid glucose
- 2 egg whites
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 150g skinned hazelnuts
- 150g dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 150g candied orange peel, finely chopped
- 200g white chocolate, cut into 1cm pieces, chilled in freezer
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways
Line a 20x30x4cm deep baking tray with 2 sheets rice paper, folding up the sides.
Divide sugar, honey and glucose evenly between 2 saucepans, adding 30ml water to each, bring to boil. Whisk egg whites and a pinch of salt to soft peaks. When the first syrup reaches 125C on the sugar thermometer, gradually whisk into the beaten whites.
When the second syrup reaches 157C gradually whisk into the whites mixture. Whisk in butter, fold in chocolate, cherries, hazelnuts, candied peel, rosemary and seeds scraped from vanilla bean.
Pour mixture into lined tray, cover with 2 sheets rice paper and refrigerate overnight. To serve, cut into bite-size pieces.