A recipe from Michael Manners, Hardback Café
- 1kg diced chicken thighs
- 1 large diced onionMarinade:
- 1T Keens curry powder
- 1 t thyme
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 T lemon juice
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon chilli (to taste)
- 4 chopped tomatoes or 100ml crushed tinned
- 3T smooth peanut butter
- 500mls chicken stock (to cover)
- salt pepper to taste
- 50-100gms unsalted peanuts
- bunch chopped coriander to taste
Marinate the chicken, at least 2 hours or better overnight.
In a large pan lightly brown the onions, add the chicken and seal. Add the tomato, reduce slightly and then add the smooth peanut butter, add enough stock to cover and simmer until cooked.
Check the seasoning and finish with freshly chopped coriander and roasted unsalted peanuts tossed through the dish and some sprinkled on top for garnish.