A recipe from Tarquin Carlin, Duntryleague Guest House & Golf Course
These are a tasty little Canapé that are quite simple to make. This recipe is adapted from an original by Thomas Keller of The French Laundry. I would recommend the use of the excellent Goats Cheese from Jannei Dairy in Lidsdale near Lithgow.
- 200g finely grated Grana Padano Parmesan
- salt & pepper
- 60g Jannei dairy goats cheese
- 80ml thickened cream
- ¼ bunch fresh thyme
- lemon juice
Method: Parmesan Crisp
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. On a baking tray use a 2” ring and put a thin even layer of parmesan inside to form a circle of cheese.
3. Place the tray into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts and begins to brown.
4. Remove from oven and while still soft place the rings into the empty cups of an egg carton. Push them down in the middle so that they form a cup shape and leave them to cool & harden.
Note – you’ll only want to do a few of these at a time as they cool down very quickly & will go too hard to shape if you do too many at once.
Method: Goats cheese mousse
Mix together the Goats cheese & Cream until it has a smooth consistency. Finely chop the Thyme and add it to the mixture. Add a little of the lemon juice & season with salt & pepper according to taste.
To assemble simply place a spoonful of the Goats cheese mousse into each of the parmesan cups & garnish with a small sprig of Thyme.